I noticed some odd behavior with
mod_blog today. When I make editing changes to
entries (mostly spelling corrections) I usually regenerate the static pages
(the main page, the various feeds) by hand with the following command:
% ./boston.cgi --config boston.cnf --regen
But today I kept getting the dreaded “Segmentation fault (core dumped)”
error. It's always worked before, and the timestamp on the executable was
March 13th, so it's not like I made any recent changes to the
But, even odder, if I run:
% ./boston.cgi --config ./boston.cnf --regen
it runs without a hitch. Specify the config file without the leading
“./” and the program crashes.
And now, fifteen minutes later, I can't reproduce the issue.
You have my permission to link freely to any entry here. Go
ahead, I won't bite. I promise.
The dates are the permanent links to that day's entries (or
entry, if there is only one entry). The titles are the permanent
links to that entry only. The format for the links are
simple: Start with the base link for this site: https://boston.conman.org/, then add the date you are
interested in, say 2000/08/01,
so that would make the final URL:
You can also specify the entire month by leaving off the day
portion. You can even select an arbitrary portion of time.
You may also note subtle shading of the links and that's
intentional: the “closer” the link is (relative to the
page) the “brighter” it appears. It's an experiment in
using color shading to denote the distance a link is from here. If
you don't notice it, don't worry; it's not all that
It is assumed that every brand name, slogan, corporate name,
symbol, design element, et cetera mentioned in these pages is a
protected and/or trademarked entity, the sole property of its
owner(s), and acknowledgement of this status is implied.