Sunday, January 29, 2006
I must apologize to all that read my site via RSS, especially to those that read the LiveJournal feed (for essentially spamming your frends list) last night.
night—a huge update. Months ago, I did a near complete rewrite, but was
relunctant to put it into production despite testing and using the software
on a few other blogs (that aren't mine—they're someone elses). But a few
days ago I got an idea for a new feature for my blog, and of course I'm
going to want to work with the latest codebase of
Only … well … I forgot I made some changes to the RSS templates processing in the program, but forgot to upgrade the actual RSS templates used by my blog. There was also a bug in generating the permanent links (I got a bit overzealous with the formatting), and those two issues caused LiveJournal to have a fit with my feed for a few hours.
It's been ironed out (well, there is still an issue where I have to manually nudge the program whenever I make a new entry) and the RSS feed is working properly now.
Again, I'm sorry.