Wednesday, November 03, 2004
“Oooh! Ahhh! That's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.”
The polls are closed. So any damage that Diebold may attempt to do is already done and I can remove the, for lack of a better term, anti-ads for Diebold.
It's also a refreshing change that Ohio will now face national ridicule over election absurtities rather than Florida. Especially fitting since Ohio is the homestate of Diebold, and Diebold's CEO is on record as saying he is “committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President next year.”
So anyway, we are now past the ohh and ahh stage, and are now in the running and screaming stage.
Welcome to the American Election, 21st century style …
An early Thanksgiving list
It's not quite Thanksgiving yet, but now that the election is over there are a few things, reguardless of who won, that we should all be thankful for:
- The elections were not called off.
- The elections were not postponed.
- There were no terrorist attacks in the United States.
- That campaign season is now over.
- That the election is over (although Indecision 2004 is still going but you can't have everything)
- It's still legal to call the President an idiot.