I have The Electric King James Bible. I then ported it to gopher. Sometime after that, I ported it again, this time to Gemini. I then received an email from Natalie Pendragon, who runs GUS, about the infinite redirection that happens when you try to read the the Book of Job via Gemini.
Sure enough, when I visted the The Book of Job on Gemini, I ended up in a maze of twisty little redirects, all alike.
So there's this file I have that lists not only the books of the Bible,
but the abbreviations for each book,
so instead of having to type
http://bible.conman.org/kj/Genesis.1:1 you can type
http://bible.conman.org/kj/Ge.1:1 and it'll do The Right Thing™.
Only for Job,
there is no abbreviation—instead,
I have “Job” listed as the abbreviation
(and the same issue goes for Joel).
So I guess that I handled that case in the web version
(don't let the timestamps fool you—I imported it into
git ten years ago,
but wrote the code over twenty years ago),
and the gopher version doesn't do redirections,
so it doesn't matter there,
but the Gemini version does do redirections,
and I didn't check that condition.
The issue has now been fixed.