“There's an FPL truck in the neighborhood.”
“Well, that explains why I couldn't log onto my home computer.”
Bunny and I were coming home from an errand to Lowes. Bunny was picking up supplies for a project and I wanted to test the Wi-Fi hotspot on my iPhone. The Wi-Fi hotspot worked wonderfully.
But logging into my home computer, not so much. I figured something was going on, perhaps the Monopolistic Phone Company's DSL going down again but no, it was FPL again.
I type my entries into a text file which I mail to
But to do that,
I need to send the entry to my email server.
And to do that,
I need to be logged into my now powerless computer.
I have a web inerface to
I should use that!
last change I made
broke the web interface
couldn't find support for the Facebook portion of the template which caused
Just as my iPhone was running out of power.
FPL restored power just then,
I was able to remove the offending portion of the template,
and I'm now trying this yet again through the web interface
(on my iPad)
running through the iPhone hotspot just to make sure it works in an emergency.
I'm going to have to debug
mod_blog some more before I can use the web interface;
the EPS isn't quite up to snuff.
Well, let's see if it works this time.
I was able to track the issue down to a double call to
But the really scary bit is that the behavior only exhibited itself on the webserver;
on my development box,
I never saw the bug.
Debugging on a production server—never a good thing.
But more on that after I finish dogfooding the web interface on an iPad over the iPhone hotspot.