Mark wrote in today to say that reverse lookups for my domain weren't working properly. And lo, nslookup was having a hard time finding the machine it was running on.
At first I thought maybe it was a problem with what I was trying to do with the latest version of bind. You see, I set things up such that I control the reverse lookup on the 32 IP addresses Atlantic Internet provides me.
This is done via an interesting hack. For the appropriate in-addr.arpa file, I have:
0 IN NS linus.slab.conman.org. 1 IN NS linus.slab.conman.org.
And so on for the 32 addresses I've been assigned. Then, for the namesever here in the Computer Room, I have:
1 IN PTR isdn.slab.conman.org. 2 IN PTR area51.slab.conman.org 3 IN PTR linus.slab.conman.org. 32 IN NS ns1a.aibusiness.net. 33 IN NS ns1a.aibusiness.net. 253 IN NS ns1a.aibusiness.net. 254 IN NS ns1a.aibusiness.net. 255 IN NS ns1a.aibusiness.net.
I've also set the nameserver to think it's a master for the in-addr.arpa zone I appear in.
So anyway, I thought the latest version of bind wasn't liking that. And it turned out that was true, to a degree.
There is no such TLD as .apra. Stupid typo.