I'm still thinking about how I want to organize all this, as well as how to reference everything. One idea for the URL space I came up with is
would retrieve all the (currently written) parts for that day. To reference a particular part, then:
would only retrieve that part (in this case, what you are reading right now). By that logic (and following the logic used by my Electric King James and by now I'm sure your tired of hearing about it) then:
would retrieve the entire month of December, 1999. Most weblogs/journals though, would react differently; something like (using what I have so far, excluding today):
|November, 1999||December, 1999||January, 2000|
(Whew! Did that by hand) But this breaks what I did for the Bible. If you request Genesis, you get the entire book, not:
and so on. You get that at some of the other online Bibles, which is what I wanted to avoid. But in retrieving the entire month, you'll get a large document (so far, it's 38,196 bytes for the entries from the 4th to the 11th).
But I'm leaning towards doing that. If you want it, you'll get it.
Update on Sunday, August 25th, 2002
Originally, I had intended the archive section to appear under something like:
But I never did it that way; yet the links in this entry were originally written with that in mind, and the various web robots where sending requests for the pages, which didn't exist (of course).
So I fixed the links themselves in this entry.